Palak Mushroom Matar Malai
Palak mushroom matar malai is the variation of the classic north Indian dish methi mushroom malai matar also known as M4 at some restaurants. The addition of fenugreek add to the aroma. This creamy textured Indian curry goes well with Roti, Naan, or Rice .
How to make Palak Mushroom matar malai | Palak mushroom matar malai recipe
Serves: 4 Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp. fresh fenugreek (methi leaves) or dry fenugreek
- 250 gms of washed and Chopped Spinach (palak)
- 250 gms sliced button mushroom
- 1 cup boiled shelled green peas
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp green chili paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup chopped Tomato
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup milk
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan, add cumin seeds when they start to splutter add onions and saute. The color of the onion should remain pink otherwise the color of the curry will become dark.
- Add ginger garlic paste along with green chili paste and saute for 3-4 minute or till the raw smell stops coming.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become mushy and leaves oil in the pan. Add turmeric and coriander powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and stir it gradually for a minute or two. Add the sliced button mushroom along with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach leaves and cook for 5 minute. Do not place the lid on the pan as spinach leaves losses its green color.
- Add the boiled peas along with milk. Cook for another 5 minute on low heat till we get the thick consistency gravy. Stir constantly.
- Add Fenugreek leaves to the dish and mix well and switch of the heat.
- Serve Palak mushroom malai matar hot with roti or naan or rice.