Mushroom Peas Curry is an exotic restaurant style Indian Curry and the aroma of whole spices will enhance your taste buds . The addition of fenugreek add to the aroma. This creamy textured indian curry goes well with Roti, Naan or Rice .
Mushroom Peas Curry Recipe ¦ How to make Indian style Mushroom Peas curry ¦ How to make restaurant style mushroom matar
Serves : 4
- 250 gms Button Mushrooms
- 1 cup shelled Green Peas
- 1 tbsp. heavy hipping cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. dry Fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp. Clarified Butter or Ghee
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3-4 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 big cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- a pinch of mace or few blades of mace
- Salt as required
- Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly and slice them. In a bowl whisk in Yogurt until smooth and stir in the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and keep aside the mushroom marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil or clarified butter in a pan. Add the Whole Spices namely cinnamon, big cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and mace to it. Stir them for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions , fry them till they turn golden brown, keep stirring occasionally.
- Add ginger garlic paste along with green chili paste and sauté for 3-4 minute or till the raw smell stops coming.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become mushy and leaves oil in the pan. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh cream and stir it gradually for a minute or two. Add the marinated button mushroom along with yogurt. Add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boiled peas along with milk and 1/4th cup water . Cook for another 5 minute on low heat till we get the thick consistency gravy. Stir constantly. Adjust the level of water to give the desired consistency.
- Add Fenugreek leaves to the dish and mix well and switch of the heat.
- Serve Mushroom peas curry hot with roti or naan or rice.